Thursday, April 1, 2010

Xerox Project

I decided for this project to scan whatever I could at the library and to create different monster like puppets with different arrangements of body parts and objects. I cut out and glued each peace to thick neon paper to add some color to the vast array of black and gray.  I then glued pieces together and used beads as a handle so the finished project could hang. There are 4 versions of the monsters (seen above) and each is unique in its own way. I really enjoyed this project once I went ahead and did it, but I'm a procrastinator so I didn't leave myself much time to complete it. I think it came out pretty well, just wish I could have created a better way of hanging it/displaying it.

6 comments:

  1. -very cool and original
    -great use of color
    -clean construction

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really nicely done. The design was great. Each of the monsters seems to have a personality. It is a very fun work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the project and all the different faces and hand gestures that you did. And i also enjoyed how it was a mobile and would turn and you could see all the different sides of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I loved the colors and the craziness of the work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was extremely creative! No one else thought to create a body out of the xerox copies. Very innovative and I like that you made it so it could hang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and it has a Dada feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete